jeudi 21 août 2003

Last camp update - ... gone

Alright, I'll try to keep this one short :)

- Alex woke us up at 8:30 to tell us to pack up and clean our cabin
- amazingly, even though it was an utter mess, we were able to finish before heading to breakfast
- during group session, the guys and the girls split up to do the "Circle of Encouragement"
- it was such a great time, seeing each of the girls being reaffirmed for their uniqueness in Christ
- after having quiet time, we headed off to our last meal at camp
- a group of counselors from next week's camp offered to do dish duty so my cabin didn't have to, thanks!
- cleanup time! Everyone divided into groups that cleaned up different parts of the camp
- I was so proud of my girls, even though some of them ended up with less than favourable jobs, they still willingly did them and did so to the best of their abilities, way to go!!
- final activity: either climbing, canoeing or archery
- the grade 10 guys, Nickkie, Mandy and I stayed behind to play cards again - it's a valid activity!
- this time it got dangerous... knives replaced the spoons! (no liability cases!)
- played until we had to leave, the camp gave us snacks for the trip home which was so nice
- got a cabin picture with Mich and the girls
- once again, surrounded by all the grade 10 boys, I warned them not to play fart tennis
- stopped at 7-11 to get slurpees, I got an Archie comic book which I gave to Dave
- looked at pictures on the digi and heard the guys watching the video they recorded @ camp
- great ride home, we took a shortcut and we ended up back at the church an hour early
- hung out with the campers and waited for my dad to pick me up
- he came early, wish I could have hung out with everyone else for a lot longer... there's always September though and the launch of youth group as well as a sr high retreat in October!
- GO B.O.O.F.! We will always Be Outrageously Outstanding Females!!!

*Sigh* that's camp in a nutshell, a very large nutshell :) I loved that I had a chance to get to know so many kids better (although I mostly stuck to the grade 10s). I can't wait till it's September and I'm leading my life group again and there are youth activities galore. I love each of these kids and I am blessed to be a part of their lives as they make it through high school! I told some kids that I want to go to each of their high school graduations, and God-willing, I will try my best to!!

Libellés :