dimanche 31 août 2003

In retrospect

I realize my rant on not getting along with my relatives was really immature. Now I regret not spending more time with them and possibly telling them of my faith. All I can do now is pray that God will bring friendlier Christians into their lives back in E-town. Argh, I feel like an idiot for not taking more chances to talk to them. But thanks to Sharon for leaving me a comment with tips on how to make visits better next time.

I'm just in a cruddy mood right now. I learned another lesson this morning. Maybe the Word can explain it:

Do not put your trust in princes,
in mortal men, who cannot save.
When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
on that very day their plans come to nothing.
- Psalm 146:3-4

Do not trust a neighbor;
put no confidence in a friend.
Even with her who lies in your embrace
be careful of your words....
But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD ,
I wait for God my Savior;
my God will hear me.
- Micah 7:5, 7


At least it's a good lesson to learn. And to top my mood today: news that the government will be eliminating smiling and frowning on passport pictures. Gosh, there goes my horror of a picture. Or maybe it'll fit into their standards! Anyways, I start school in three days. Tuesday is orientation day and I get to take pictures for the yearbook of the new students. Hmm, I guess summer really is over. Happy Labour Day tomorrow!

Libellés : , ,