mardi 19 août 2003

Flashback to now

My best friend called me today from an airport in Toronto! She'll be back in town in about 5 hours, I can't wait! Then she'll get to tell me all about her cross-country adventure. I got a call today at work from someone from the government. Turns out my internship ends 6 days later than I thought it would. I thought that last Friday was my last day of work and that this week was just my volunteer time, but nope, I get paid for it! That's kind of nice, it means I'll get extra money for school.

Speaking of which, I guess Bible college can be pretty expensive! If I get into the program I want at a different college, then my two years there will be the cost of a little less than 1 year where I am right now. Oh well, it's where God wants me and I will get to graduate this year! I also sent off an "Official Request for Transcripts" form today. You know, looking back now, I am so thankful I took all the hard courses in high school. I almost thought it was a waste because I was only heading to Bible college, but now that God has changed my plans, I am incredibly thrilled that He prepared me for it. I guess having classes like Calculus and Physics under your belt can make you look good :) I still can't believe school starts in 15 days though! I need to take a nap.

We've been running without a direction
We're afraid to get there late
What we need is strength just to kneel down and wait
Be still...
- Newsboys "Be Still"


Wait, had to post this link. This is a must-read article... aww! If only more couples out there did this, there would be a lot less pain and heartache.

And... CONGRATULATIONS to Mike and Rachelle who got engaged last Friday!!! They are such a godly couple who are so on fire for Him! They are a great blessing to everyone around them and I wish them all of God's blessings and joys as they embark on a new life together with Jesus at the centre :)

Libellés : ,