lundi 18 août 2003

Camp update #2

Sigh, hard to believe that I was at camp a week ago! Anyways, I promised a day-to-day synopsis so here it is:
- woke up at 7:00am because of the beautiful sun... btw my cabin was also on the lakefront :)
- all my girls woke up and we chatted for a bit, had the washroom all to ourselves which was nice
- had breakfast, I wanted potatoes but there were blueberry pancakes instead which looked purple
- 1st group session and quiet time after that, all the bugs chased me so I went back to the cabin where I first heard about Stu (more to come about the famous Stu)
- went canoeing for the first time (and believe me, it is not like rafting!) - Marcy and I shared a canoe
- could not figure out how to steer, we kept going around in circles until we finally came up w/ some tricks
- we were terrified of the leeches in the water so we did everything we could to not tip the canoe but...
- played Keepaway with a football in our canoes which led to...
- Carol and Nickkie tipped over in their canoe while playing the game, unfortunately Carol lost her glasses in the lake (there's always contacts!)
- 2nd activity: the girls in my cabin went horseback riding so I went to archery w/ the grade 10 guys
- went fine until our youth pastor suggested that the guys shoot horse poop off the styrofoam deer
- the camp director then suggested that whoever could would get $1 from the tuck shop
- imagine about 10 guys trying to shoot poop off the deer with bows and arrows
- Bri and Dan decided to create a "thrill ride" using the shed and a lasso, Dave took pictures :)
- tuck shop was open - the winning guys got "horse poop" money
- awesome worship service
- had fear factor involving stuff like: the Bog, Horse Poop, the "Drink" (baking soda, sauerkraut, flour, etc.), Condiment Twister and Cornsyrup Marbles
- I was in charge of the Condiment Twister station - we smelled like hot dogs afterwards! The idea is that red=ketchup, yellow=mustard, blue=mayo and green=relish... what a mess! And then we added sardines when it got too boring
- guess who had to clean up?! Yep, one of the drains in a shower stall was clogged with pieces of relish and the whole deck was hosed down but still covered in mustard and ketchup!
- did the circle of encouragement in our cabin, shared our most embarrassing moments & our role models

I wish I remembered more! Oh well, tomorrow will be the best camp entry! Stay tuned....

Libellés :