dimanche 27 juillet 2003

Words - worth

Now that I'm officially blog-obsessed (is there such a thing?), I realize how much power words carry. I have the power to use what I write for purposes of good or evil, hope or defeat, joy or misery, life or death. And I see how important it is that I choose my words carefully.

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
- 1 Peter 4:11 (emphasis mine)


But even as I write, I still feel so limited by what I can express. I mean, I have all this life and hope inside of me from Jesus and sometimes I feel that it's so difficult to describe that well enough to those who don't know what I'm talking about. It's like there's a whole other language that captures the essence of having a relationship with God perfectly that we are in the process of learning but have yet to master.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
- Romans 8:26-27


Thank you Holy Spirit! How perfect is it that He knows exactly what we are trying to pray for? He supplies the words we need... He intercedes directly so that we don't have to worry about sounding foolish before our Father... not that we don't already do that :) Going back to the power of the word, it is evident that we will never come up with anything on our own as humans that can describe anything of God fully enough. He is the originator of the Word, the Logos, the first to have spoken it and He is the One with power over all words.

I searched the world for a poem I could read
A rhyme that would bring glory to my King
But no writing I found was worthy of
This God high above all other gods
And what are my words compared to Yours?
- Todd Agnew "This Fragile Breath"


Something that has been lingering in my head for a while there :) But now, I must go to sleep and get up early for church tomorrow morning, yay!!

Libellés : ,