mardi 15 juillet 2003

Major repair!

There are so many things that I have to fix with this blog! Reminds me of my soul... :) ...how I'm always in need of constant repair! Just had to sneak in a theological analogy there, always the Bible student!

Work is still going, although it's been a little stressful lately. I love what I do though; I have a feeling that when I go back to school I'll still be thinking about camp! Speaking of school, I just found out my marks and I'm so thrilled about them! To be honest, I can't wait for school, although the scary thing is that summer will be over in about 6 weeks! It feels like it's gone by SO fast. Next year, I will not be taking a spring course (never again!) so it will feel even more like summer since I can spend some time volunteering, but hopefully I'll have a job ;)

I've been in the middle of thinking about major decisions I have to make regarding school and stuff but I remembered something my friend sent to me a long time ago that was pretty cool. It made me think how nothing in life is a coincidence and that there's a purpose and a reason behind everything.

"Centre of the Bible"

What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 117

What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 119

What chapter is in the centre of the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 118

Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118
Add these numbers up and you get 1188

What is the centre verse in the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 118:8

Does this verse say something significant about God's perfect will for our lives? The next time someone says they would like to find God's perfect will for their lives and that they want to be in the centre of His will, just send them to the centre of His Word!

Psalm 118:8 (NKJV)
"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man."

Now isn't that odd how this worked out (or was God in the centre of it)?
Just a thought :)

Disclaimer: Actually, I heard that this was not entirely true so I checked it out at snopes and sure enough, they explained how Psalm 118 is not the centre of the Bible. I guess there's something to be said about verifying any email forward, especially if it's religious!

Libellés :