samedi 26 juillet 2003

The issues of scheduling

My pastor mentioned a while ago in one of his sermons that you always make time for what's important to you. No matter what you're doing, you will drop it if something comes up that means a lot to you. This is totally true because I have seen it happen in my own life. I drop everything if I am needed to volunteer at church (even if I have homework hehe).

In that case, it really shows you how much you mean to a person by the time they make for you in their life. If they are constantly "too busy" for you, it just goes to show that they won't make the time for you. And if you see them make time for everyone else, well it's a giveaway. God gave us all 24 hours, and it's up to us to make the best use of it. Since I'm such a relational person, I can't see any reason why we can't spend it with the people that mean the most to us. I guess I've faced enough "busyness" from other people in life to know that it's not always possible, but when we look back on our lives, it's always the regret that we didn't spend enough time with others that gets us... not what else we could have done with that time.

Libellés :