vendredi 4 juillet 2003

Fire... works

So then are fireworks simply a demonstration of its namesake proving that in fact, fire... works? Sometimes, words are fun to analyze, except when you have words that are obviously too obvious :)

Anyways, our first barbeque went off pretty well tonight although there were a few hitches. Thankfully, we have a week to iron things out, and we better do that because next week is going to be the week from... fireworks. Speaking of which, there was some just a little while ago and I was able to see it while working on my computer *grin*

I just thought of a song that I heard a few weeks ago. I think it should be the anthem for all Christian men. We had Doug Weiss speak at our church two months ago and he commented on how so many Christian guys are living a life of mediocrity, and are not living the life that God wants them to lead. It's a shame really because for every Christian guy I know that is on fire for God and is actually making a difference with their life, I know two or three others who are complacent in their faith and are not being challenged at all. I notice that these guys allow the world to seep so much into their lifestyle, and to be honest, there's nothing different about them that makes them stand out from anyone else.

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
- Matthew 5:13-16


What will it take for Christian men to be who they are called to be? When will they reclaim the life that God has given them in order that they may glorify Him? I wish I knew more leaders who were willing to step up to change the world for God's kingdom and to stand out from the rest.

I played the fool so long
Thought I was so strong
All the while You knew it wasn't true
Rerunning in my mind
Memories of another time
When all I ever lived for
Was You

Jesus
Make me the man You want me to be
Jesus
Make me the man You want me to be...

The burning in the heart
Of our deepest desire
Rising like a flame
Burning higher and higher
Burning in the heart
Of our deepest desire
Is to know You
- Phil Joel "The Man You Want Me To Be"


I must say that if the need for strong Christian men in the world is so important, so is having strong Christian women. Jesus, make me the woman You want me to be... may these be the cries of our generation. May we leave a mark on the world and may we spur others onto a personal relationship with God... that the world may see God's splendor and majesty through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, His only begotten son.

Libellés : ,