dimanche 27 juillet 2003

Bizarreness

Today was an interesting day. Church was normal as usual and I had enough time to go to the church library beforehand. It was an excellent sermon on purity, where our pastor challenged us to seek to make our motivations and intentions pure in order that our actions could then be pure.

Afterwards, I headed home for some food and then my best friend and I headed out to the mountains. It was such a gorgeous day and the quick hike in the Rockies was so revitalizing. Then we went to this beautiful crystal clear blue lake where we got to soak our feet for a while :)

When we got back into the city though, there was a lot of traffic and everything was reduced to one lane since construction was going on. That kind of put a damper on the afternoon.

Then after supper, my best friend and I headed out to go to this other church's campus service to which we were invited. We met up with our friend Cristin at Starbucks and we discussed how funny it was that she also went to the mountains and the lake at the same time we did, on a sudden whim, yet managed to miss each other and not find out until later! That was a pretty rare coincidence!

The church service was partly good yet Lissa and I felt like we didn't belong there so we left. The bizarre thing that happened to round out the day was that someone placed an alien antennae ball on the car which we didn't even see until we were nearly home. All in all, it was a strange day! Anyways, gotta go eat and read, then sleep in tomorrow. I've got a headache right now so I'm thankful I don't work tomorrow :D

Libellés :