lundi 30 juin 2003

The centre of my joy

Phew, what a day! I just love Sunday morning driving (especially at 7am!) and belting out to praise songs on the radio :) That and I got a parking spot at church! Anyways, I was originally supposed to watch my friend TD but at the last minute, I filled in for PowerPoint (which I later found out was an answer to prayer hehe). There was a famous couple sitting in our congregation so during the 11:00am service, we made jokes about how we shouldn't screw up the tech... not that we would though! We also started a pool on when the TD was going to propose to his girlfriend but I don't think we ever got around to picking the dates.

I had a nice afternoon nap, which was a great way of escaping the heat. Usually it's not that hot here, but in the summer the weather can get almost swampy. I personally prefer 15-20 degree weather with a nice breeze; anything over 30 makes me agitated and gives me insomnia at night. Another reason why I love winter!

I have to work tomorrow but I just realized that the whole church is taking the next two days off, so even if I do go, I won't have access to anything I need! So I think I will take the day off :D It just means that I have to come in at 7am on Canada Day but I finally get a day off along with everyone else!

Sometimes in the daily course of life, I forget about the most important thing in life. I took communion today, but I was thoroughly distracted by the chatter on the clearcom, so I never really had the chance to reflect on what Christ did for us and how He took the penalty for us. One of our pastors was talking about the cross and its crossbeams. She explained how the cross showed the width of God's love and the height of His holiness, and how Christ looked up to His Father with His arms outstretched to the world.

In a little while I will go for you,
in a little while I will bleed for you.
In a little while I will hang for you,
in a little while I will call for you.
You, I only want to spend my time with you.
I cracked my skin so I could be with you.
I made the world to stop it just for you,
I want to be with you.
- Seven Places "Little"

Libellés : ,