mardi 5 août 2008

In other words

I can understand why people who work on computers all day want to avoid being on them when they get home. That's pretty much where I'm at right now.

Anyways, things have been wonderful since I've gotten back. I went from one wedding to another (somehow I ended up attending three weddings within the span of three weeks!) and then I had a week to organize my room and get rid of school-related stuff that was no longer necessary. Admittedly, this is still a work in progress as nineteen years of schooling doesn't disappear that easily. I'm practically drowning in school supplies and am wondering what to do with it all. I also started work, which was quite a shift from the previous semester and from summer school.

Life post-grad has been interesting to adjust to, and by interesting, I also mean stressful, confusing, fun, and challenging - all of the above being good things, I suppose. As I've mentioned to friends, I've become stressed over the fact that I have no reason to be stressed (i.e. from homework or research) so I've been organizing things to keep me occupied. I do have to admit that I am really enjoying the concept of free time and that I can fill it with things I love doing, like reading or watching movies, things I didn't always have time for in school.

And speaking of reading, although I've spent most of this summer reading fiction so far, I'm hoping to finally get into the untouched non-fiction books that I've collected over the years. One funny thing that I came across today was Amazon's Christian textbook centre, something that would have been fun to see while I was in school. Oh well, if I ever do finish the books that I've accumulated, maybe I can browse for some new ones :)

Libellés : , ,